Thursday, September 11, 2014

Happy Birthday

Birthday celebration for my oldest son was pretty wonderful.  He loves fall and loves all the wonderful food that comes with it.  He is a lover of anything pumpkin so I decided to make a dinner that revolved around all of those flavors.




I discovered a recipe for pumpkin quiche with gorgonzola & caramelized onion---perfect!






Then as the day went on and I was anticipating serving this hopefully wonderful meal...I walked around the house and pulled together a tablescape that even I fell in love with!!!































Roasted pumpkin gorgonzola caramalized onion quiche

I served this with boneless pork ribs that cooked in the crock pot for 9 hours (I embelished store bought bbq sauce with no sugar added apple sauce, lots of cinnamon, dash of allspice, a hefty splash of no sugar added cranberry juice, sliced apples and vidalia onions).  I also made a salad with mixed greens, sliced pears, almonds, goat cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette.

Our dinner was lovely & shared with family and a special girlfriend of the guest or honor.
Happy Birthday Austin.


Fondy,
-Lisa

                                  Sharing over at: Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesday


4 comments:

  1. You are the most wonderfully creative person I know. I just wish you lived closer because my house could definately use the Lisa touch and so could I!!! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazingly yummy! And I love your autumnal tablescape!! So warm, organic and fun. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend! What a gorgeous table, and even gorgeouser quiche! YUM!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Readers who leave comments are wonderful!