Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

I love mirrors.  I have many thoughout my house.  Not because I'm vein (trust me, there are days I avoid them altogether! Once in a while I like what I see :-).  I love them because so many of them are beautiful, especially old mirrors with their gorgeous frames and sign of age in the glass.

Wikipedia:
A mirror is an object that reflects light or sound in a way that preserves much of its original quality prior to its contact with the mirror. Some mirrors also filter out some wavelengths, while preserving other wavelengths in the reflection. This is different from other light-reflecting objects that do not preserve much of the original wave signal other than color and diffuse reflected light. The most familiar type of mirror is the plane mirror, which has a flat surface. Curved mirrors are also used, to produce magnified or diminished images or focus light or simply distort the reflected image.
Here are a few of mine....


This picture does not do this mirror justice.  It looks a so stocky which it is not. 
This is a gorgeous mirror with a very regal frame that we found at a local consignment shop. 


Close up of the frame.

This one is a great versatile shape and the color between the gold is a pale yellow and so pretty.

This is my $100 Ethan Allen mirror that I got FOR FREE!   When I moved one time I got a gift certificate from the Welcome Wagon for a $100 to Ethan Allen.   I can't imagine they still do that.

I love how deep the frame is to the actual mirror.

I picked this one up for a steal recently.  It fits perfectly in one of my bathroom cabinets and really helps to open it up with the light it brings in.  I was drawn to this mirror because of it's old frame and the deep etched borders.

Same mirror but in all it's glory.
Go get yourself a few old mirrors.  There is a lot of history in each and every one.

Would love to have some comments!!  Just click below and show some love.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I love mirrors too!! I have one billion in my house. I think you never get sick of a mirror like you could a painting...it always reflects something different depending where you put it. I am alwyas on the lookout for cool looking antique mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting close to a billion too!!
      Thanks for stopping by Amy.
      -Lisa

      Delete
  2. I also love them - but they usually reflect the clutter in my house! I have used one on my screen room, like the way it reflects nature back to me, and it ages nice in the outdoor weather - Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! I think I will be hanging a mirror outside this year. I have an ugly fence that needs some sprucing up.
    Thanks Tricia!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mirrors! The very large one has a gorgeous frame. My mother in law says every room should have a mirror and I agree. Especially when it is reflecting something beautiful like a chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dream....to have a collection of chandeliers too. Then I will have that lovely combination.
      Thanks Michele.
      -Lisa

      Delete
  5. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share :

    cara mengobati kencing manis
    cara mengobati nyeri testis
    cara mengobati gondok secara alami
    cara mengobati radang tenggorokan

    ReplyDelete

Readers who leave comments are wonderful!