Monday, January 16, 2012

Second Episode of My House Mini Series

Welcome back!



I love my Welcome sign for our sidedoor entrance!  I am pretty sure I got it at The House of Smiths.  http://www.thehouseofsmithsdesigns.com/
Check out Shelley, her husband Cason (love that name) and their 3 adorable daughters.  You'll be glad you did.  They do amazing work in their home.  Shelley's smile will brighten your day.

So back onto the house tour of past DIY projects. 

A few years back, G-man and I were on a hunt for a big ole' frame.  We looked and looked, we finally fell in love with the one below.  It was a steal too!  Frames can be crazy expensive.  I wanted to make a nice big corkboard for the frame to surround.  Once again, this was a very easy project.  We found this deep espresso colored cork at Michaels for 50% off.  The color compliments the frame so well.  We couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. 



She's big, 35"x41".  Best part is it covers my very ugly doorbell!!  Whoop whoop!


We made a few of these vintage typewriter key tacks.  Now that was not easy and I do not recommend it.  Love the tacks, hate creating them.


A corkboard this size deserves it's own clock.


Another homemade "tack".  This one is more for aesethics rather than real function.  It is just a champagne cork forced onto the head of a straight pin. 



Below is another corkboard, this one hangs in the kitchen.  This was also a second hand find that I gussied up.  I glued the new espresso cork to the existing much lighter cork.  I covered up the toile fabric with a piece from a coffeebean sack.  Did you know those sacks actually still have some beans in them?!  Smells so good when I work with them.











See the knob it is hanging from?  That's an old brown doorknob that is a happy little guy since he is being put to good use again!



The next photos are not DIY--they are just pretty and I like looking at pretty things.

Those are beautiful hydrangeas from my hydrangea shrub.  Such deep shades of green, purple & turquoise.

I have a love hate relationship with this clock.  She is so elegant but stuborn.  There is no rhyme or reason as to why she works sometimes and why she doesn't at other times.  If she wasn't so pretty, I would put her in the trash.

On a final note....below are mobiles I make.  So far I have made them for my nieces and my step daughter.  They're so pretty and girlie.   I am showing a couple of photos now with a promise to provide a tutorial in the future for anyone interested.  There, if I put it in writing then I have to do it.  Right?  Right!








-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who leave comments are wonderful!